Monday, October 18, 2010

Welcome Back!


I say that because I have not cooked posted a recipe in some time. I had kind of given up on it until I completed The List.

If you are here it means that you have followed over from StrawberryTart! in regards to Bucket List Number 86 – Cook Every Dish from One Cookbook.

If you know me then it would easy for you to guess what cookbook I chose – yeap The Lady & Son’s Savannah Country Cookbook – Well of course why would I start anywhere else?

You see – Paula is the one who started all of this – well restarted – you can read my first cooking post here.

Things will change just a bit from where I started with the blog. First, in honor of Paula’s talent I will not, at anytime, post full recipes on this blog. I will link where possible, but if she doesn’t have it published on the web, then I apologize – you will have to just go buy the cookbook – it’s worth it.

I will do my best to post pictures, but there will be times – like today – when I decide it may be best not to show the mess I made out of a recipe.

So here we go 244 recipes ahead of me to mark of #86 on my bucket list. I hope you enjoy!

To get us started here are my first three.

  1. Barbecue-Style Pork Chops– found on Page 51
  2. The Lady’s Cheesy Mac  - found on Page 78

Carrots made by me.

The family (JAG & Shelby) actually loved these. I of course loved the Mac & Cheese because this was not my first time to make this dish, but the pork chops were a little tough. This is not Paula’s fault. I attribute it more to the person who selected my pork chops – I still don’t think they were center cut  - sorry honey.


3. Praline Pumpkin Pie – found on Page 138 & 139

I have to admit that I did not read this recipe all the way through before I made started. I didn’t realize it had a merginue top, that wasn’t a deal killer, but I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with it, so JAG got a Praline Pumpkin Pie minus the Merguin – I don’t think I heard him complain.


241 recipes to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment