Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Weekend of Cooking

I spent some time this past weekend dodging tornadoes and cooking. Oh and planning for the wedding…which is now 4 days away.

Here is what I made for my family over the weekend.

  1. Sausage-Rice Casserole on page 53

This was a huge hit! It is definitely a repeat!

  1. Gooey Butter Cakes found of page 125

This picture was taken while dinner was still cooking…note to self:do not make dessert first. Of course we loved loved loved this. I had to remind myself more than once that I had a wedding dress to fit into soon.

  1. Basic Meatloaf found of page 50

This was not a hit and I think I just realized why. In the recipe that I linked it says 8 oz can diced tomatoes without juice, but in my book I promise it says with juice. Anyway, Shelby didn’t care for the tomatoes being so visible so she wound up eating mashed potatoes for dinner.

  1. Mashed Potatoes found on page 85
Of course these were well received.



Only 237 more recipes to go!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I've been wanting to try the sausage n rice casserole. Glad to hear it was a hit! BTW, I can't find this blog on NetworkedBlogs??

    ReplyDelete