Thursday, January 14, 2010

Needing Comfort, Needing Comfort Food

This week has been extremely difficult and that is part of the reason why I haven't blogged or cooked much. It is also Girl Scout Cookie season so we are really really busy.

I had a moment before Grey's Anatomy. IT'S GREY'S ANATOMY NIGHT! heehee
Anyway, I thought "what I great time to blog about the awesome comfort food dish I made on Wednesday." I go to get my memory card out of my camera, but it wasn't there. Then I realize those great pictures I took of the yummy gooey bowtie pasta with cheese sauce and ham were gone. How could it be? The picture showed up on the screen. It's true...I took (or thought I was taking) awesome pictures of the best thing I had made since Paula's mac & cheese and now I have nothing to show for it...meh! I guess I should still give you the recipe. You should try it. It is yummy and a great comfort to the awful week I have been having.

Ham and Cheese Bowties

Ingredients

8 ounces uncooked bowtie pasta 2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 clove garlic, minced 2 1/2 cups shredded Colby cheese
1/4 cup all-purpose flour 4 ounces cooked ham chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat over to 350. Cook past until aldente and drain.

In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Saute garlic 30 seconds. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour in milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Bring to boil for 1 minute. Stir in mustard and Colby cheese. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in pasta and ham. Pour in a baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment