Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Elvis!

Happy Birthday Elvis!

No not that Elvis


Elvis Presley!


See Shelby even put it on the calendar.


Today is Elvis’ 75th birthday. How can you be from the South and not celebrate Elvis’ birthday. I am a huge Elvis fan, but not a velvet Elvis painting above my bed type of fan. I listen to his music all the time and hello, I named my cat after him.


So, in honor of the Kings’ 75th, I baked a cake I think he would have enjoyed.



Peanut Butter Banana Bread




1 ¾ cup flour, sift before measuring

2 teaspons baking powder

¼ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

1/3 cup shortening

¾ cup peanut butter

2/3 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 cup mashed bananas


Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside


Cream shortening and peanut butter, then beat in sugar and eggs.


Alternately add dry ingredient and bananas, stirring with a wooden spoon.


Pour batter into well-greased and floured loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment